COVID-19 and your physiotherapy treatment
We are beginning to feel the effects of the coronavirus (COVID-19) in our community more and more each day. As part of your family’s trusted healthcare team, we wanted to answer any questions you may have.
We continue to follow all Department of Health and NSW Health guidelines on sanitation and infection control. With the outbreak, we’d like to assure you that we are going above and beyond to ensure that our clinic is safe for when you visit.
Some extra measures we are taking include:
- Even more rigorous cross-infection control and cleaning procedures
- Encouraging patients to use the hand sanitiser located at our reception area upon arriving and before leaving
- Requiring any team member who has been overseas to self-isolate for 14 days upon arrival in Australia
- Requesting any staff member who feels unwell, even with minor symptoms, to stay at home
- Screening all patients when making appointments or booking-in at reception
Our top concern is our community’s health and well-being. We’re keeping close tabs on information as it is released and rest assured we’ll act and update you accordingly.
In the meantime, we’re here when you need us, whether for maintenance or new injuries. Please call our friendly staff on 02 9626 8867. You can count on us.
What is COVID-19?
Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) is the disease caused by the new virus SARS-CoV-2. It can spread from person to person via respiratory droplets (for example, when a close contact sneezes or coughs) or contact with contaminated hands, surfaces, or objects. You can find out more from NSW Health here: COVID-19 FAQs
If you have questions or concerns regarding COVID-19, please call the HealthDirect helpline on 1800 022 222 or visit the website links below for up-to-date info. Please keep Triple Zero (000) for emergencies only.
NSW Government COVID-19 response:
Department of Health COVID-19 health alert:
If you have an upcoming physiotherapy appointment…
We remain committed to providing the very best in care for our community so we are currently open as usual. (That may change given how dynamic the situation is, but we’ll update you if we need to close or change our opening hours.)
Your physical health is an important part of your overall well-being, so we’re encouraging you to keep your appointments as long as you are healthy.
- If you have returned from any overseas travel in the last 14 days, we request that you reschedule your appointment for at least 14 days from your arrival in Australia. If you develop a fever, cough, sore throat, or shortness of breath within your period of self-isolation, please call your GP or the HealthDirect helpline (1800 022 222). When you call, inform them of your travel history.
- If you have had known contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, we request that you reschedule your appointment for at least 14 days from the time of contact. Please also seek medical advice whether you feel any symptoms or not.
- If you are feeling unwell even if you did not travel overseas, we encourage you to reschedule your appointment to 2 weeks later. If you develop any flu-like symptoms, please call your GP or emergency department first for advice.
Please contact us on 02 9626 8867 to talk about your appointment options.
We are investigating online video consultations by Telehealth and will continue to keep you updated as our systems are put in place.
Our amazing team has been dedicated to looking after you for the past 25 years – and we intend to continue doing so. In these unprecedented times, let’s all look out for each other.
Stay safe and healthy,
Elizabeth Hudson and the team at Quakers Hill Physiotherapy Centre